05 Mar Using the IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act to Your Benefit
Risk Management for Digital Transformation
ur guest, Loren Shade, is Vice President of Marketing at Allegro Software where he directs their IoT product and business strategy, backed by his 30+ years of experience working with embedded systems in the defense, medical, industrial and consumer sectors.
In this episode Loren and Bruce discuss:
- The tech of embedded systems and some best practices associated with implementing cybersecurity in digital transformation.
- The IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act 2020 and why compliance is important to any company going through a digital transformation, not only those selling to the US government.
- How the risk and liability associated with non-compliance and not incorporating, “security by design” can lower enterprise value.
Mentioned in this Episode and Other Useful Links
- Allegro: IoT Edge Device Security
- Allegro: IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act 2020
- Allegro: United States Federal Government Passes First IoT Security Legislation
- Season 1: Related security episodes
- Season 1 book: IoT Inc
- Season 2: Episodes and show notes
- Season 2 book: The Private Equity Digital Operating Partner
- Training: Digital transformation certification