04 Mar Smart Building Energy Management for Commercial Real Estate
Alpha Through Fixed Cost Reduction
ur guest Bob Sharon is the Founder and Chief Innovation Officer of Blue IoT. He is an entrepreneur with over 30 years experience in technology, sustainability and data centres, and is a subject matter expert in IoT and smart buildings.
In this episode, Bob and Bruce discuss:
- Tech required to reduce building (HVAC) energy consumption.
- Rational for using LoRaWAN and cellular for data transmission in infrastructure environments.
- Implications on carbon emissions and possible carbon credits.
- Differences between a building management system (BMS) and a smart energy solution.
- Use cases and types of buildings that would most benefit from smart energy management.
- Cost per square foot of implementing such a solution.
- Return on technology investment and payback period.