25 Jun Machine Learning for IoT-Based Digital Transformation
Alpha Through Operating Improvements
ur guest Dr. Michael Roshak works as an Enterprise Architect for Bankers Healthcare Group – a fintech company that helped hospitals and doctors with financial services during the pandemic. And as part of the Microsoft AI & IoT Insider Lab, Mike ran code-a-thons for Microsoft developers and from which recently wrote the book, Artificial Intelligence for IoT Cookbook.
In this episode, Mike and Bruce discuss:
- Voice activation and privacy concerns.
- The air gap DMZ zone used in AI security.
- The primary importance of upfront business planning for AI success.
- The balance of edge and cloud computing for IoT AI.
- The concept of duty cycles and why they’re important to use as a precursor to anomaly detection and predictive maintenance.
- Not reinventing the wheel and getting help from your cloud and silicon providers.
The minimum data science team required for AI success.
Mentioned in this Episode and Other Useful Links
- Mike’s book: Artificial Intelligence IoT Cookbook
- Microsoft insiders lab
- Event driven data architecture video
- Season 1: Related episodes
- Season 1 book: IoT Inc
- Season 2: Episodes and show notes
- Season 2 book: The Private Equity Digital Operating Partner
- Training: Digital transformation certification