26 Mar Extending Reality to Create Value Through Knowledge Transfer
Alpha Through Tribal Knowledge
ur guest, Peter Orban, is the founder of XR Solutions, a producer of immersive and wearable computing. Originally a Mad Man he traded his advertising career for another creative profession a decade ago – to be a startup founder and business developer.
In this episode Peter and Bruce discuss:
- The definition of extended reality (XR), which includes sensory tech along the continuum of, assisted reality, augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR) and virtual reality (VR).
- The breakdown of the three main tech components of XR and how they work.
- Use cases of how extended reality creates value.
- The cost and time needed to implement an XR solution.
- Case studies to tie everything together and to quantify the value generated.
Mentioned in this Episode and Other Useful Links
- Augmented Reality in the Enterprise Alliance is a global is a non-profit industry org focused on accelerating the adoption of AR in the Enterprise
- Post from Zappar examining how AR affects the brain. Based on a joint study by Zappar and MindShare Futures
- XR Solutions homepage
- Season 1: Episodes
- Season 1 book: IoT Inc
- Season 2: Episodes and show notes
- Season 2 book: The Private Equity Digital Operating Partner
- Training: Digital transformation certification