02 Jul Digital Transformation Case Studies That Push All the Right Buttons
Alpha Through Service Effectiveness
ur guests Rolland Donin and Hendrik Nieweg partner on digital transformation projects. Roland is the founder of IHRS-Training, a consultancy for agile methods and digital transformation, and Hendrik is VP of Solutions at the German IoT specialist, Device Insight, which helps companies with the development of complex IoT-based digital transformation projects.
In this episode, Rolland, Hendrik and Bruce discuss:
- The definition of Industrie 4.0 vs IoT vs digital transformation.
- The difference between IIoT and smart product development.
- The relationship between IoT and digital transformation and why Bruce changed the name of his podcast.
- The “Three As” that must be present at the beginning of every digital transformation.
- Not falling into the gold plating trap.
- Using the edge for data culling.
- The two steps that precede machine learning.
- Quantifying the value created and costs incurred in case studies about smart coffee vending machines and smart electronic components.
Mentioned in this Episode and Other Useful Links
- Rolland’s company
- Hendrik’s company
- VDI – Association of German engineers
- Costa Express case study from Device Insight
- Season 1: Related episodes
- Season 1 book: IoT Inc
- Season 2: Episodes and show notes
- Season 2 book: The Private Equity Digital Operating Partner
- Training: Digital transformation certification