28 May Building Value with Smart Buildings
Alpha Through Fixed Cost Reduction
ur guest Joseph Aamidor is an experienced product leader and expert in smart buildings, real estate technology and facility operations. His company provides guidance to building owners, operators, and management firms. Before Aamidor Consulting, Joe worked for the Lucid Design Group and Johnson Controls.
In this episode, David and Joe discuss:
- How a smart building differs from building automation.
- Why make a building smart and the value levers involved.
- Identifying which buildings are best suited to be digitally transformed.
- Why energy savings is the lowest hanging fruit.
- Different ways to make a building smart.
- A case study including the costs and the value created enabling us to calculate the return on technology investment
Mentioned in this Episode and Other Useful Links
- Aamidor Consulting website
- Aamidor newsletter
- Dept of Energy Smart Energy Analytics campaign
- DOE CBECS Commercial Building Energy Consumption Survey
- Microsoft campus case study by Microsoft and GreenBiz
- Season 1: Related episodes
- Season 1 book: IoT Inc
- Season 2: Episodes and show notes
- Season 2 book: The Private Equity Digital Operating Partner
- Training: Digital transformation certification