30 Jul Adopting Continuous Improvement Through Digital Transformation
Alpha Through Operational Improvement
ur guest David Westrom is responsible for global business development at MachineMetrics and has led business development organizations and driven strategy at three IIoT start-ups that experienced successful exits, including most recently ThingWorx, that was acquired by PTC.
In this episode, Dave and Bruce discuss:
- Digitally transforming discreet manufacturing operations to start a continuous improvement program.
- Digital improvements for high volume/low mix versus low volume/high mix manufacturing.
- Expanding data collection from machines to machines, people and business systems.
- How the scope of data collection is related to the overall value generated.
Mentioned in this Episode and Other Useful Links
- Company website
- White Paper (requires email to access): Weaving the Machine Data Digital Thread
- Case Study(requires email to access): Morgan Olson
- Season 1: Related episodes
- Season 1 book: IoT Inc
- Season 2: Episodes and show notes
- Season 2 book: The Private Equity Digital Operating Partner
- Training: Digital transformation certification